Week 5 Assignment – Professional Experience: Presentation Summary
The Professional Experience assignments are designed to help prepare you for communicating in a professional work setting. To earn credit, make sure you complete all elements and follow the instructions exactly as written. This is a pass or fail assignment, so no partial credit is possible. Assignments that follow directions as written will receive full credit. Assignments that are incomplete or do not follow directions will be scored at a zero.
For this Professional Experience, you will create a PowerPoint deck in which you summarize an instructional Internet resource of your choice on preparing effective PowerPoint presentations or slide designs.
- Download and review the Week 5 PPT Resources [PPTX].
- Save the file to your desktop using the following file name format:
- Example: Ed_Buchanan_Wk5_PPT.pptx
- Locate an article, video, or other resource that explains how to make a PowerPoint presentation or discusses effective slide design. No other topics should be used.
- In the PPT template you saved:
- Give your presentation a title on slide 1.
- On the body slide (slide 2), write a brief summary of your resource. Do not write fewer than 20 words or more than 50 words; otherwise, the submission will not be eligible for credit.
- Include a link to the resource or information on the body slide. Provide a working hyperlink on the slide so your professor can read the article or watch the video. The link will not count toward your word count.