What To Do: My topic is Budweiser
Finish the marketing plan you began in Week 2 and wow your internship bosses!
How to Do it
Create an APA style formatted Word document that includes at least 3 references outside of the course text and contains paragraphs that cover the topics below.
The length of your marketing plan will vary based on your degree of succinctness. Most documents fall between 9-13 double spaced pages. For more details, including minimum lengths by topic, check out our sample McDonald’s marketing plan.
Note that you’ve already covered this first set of topics in your Week 2 situational analysis. Feel free to revise your earlier work as needed.
- A description of your selected company/brand
- The core products/services they offer
- A brief history
- Key current competitors
- A SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, threats & opportunities) analysis
- For each, identify and describe a minimum of 3 examples (12 in total).
- A description of the product/service that you want to market & SWOT rationale
Now address the additional topics below to complete your marketing plan. Again, reference our example and the identified text chapters for additional context.
- Segmentation approach and rationale
- e.g., Demographic, geodemographic, behavioral, psychographic, etc.
- Target market(s) description
- Positioning statement
- Marketing mix details
- Address each “P” (product, place, price, promotion) of the marketing mix separately and explain your choices. This is the heart of your plan.
- Success metrics
- Discuss at least 3 metrics you might analyze to evaluate the success of your plan.
- International considerations
- Identify at least 3 business or sociocultural considerations in translating your marketing plan for use in a foreign market.
- Summarize your plan and why it deserves to be funded.
- References (at least 3 outside of the textbook)
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.