For this week, you will design 10 interview questions on two types of early childhood programs to ask the school administrator. These questions should generate information about the major characteristics of your selected programs. You will conduct the interviews in an upcoming assignment for the course. This interview will allow you to better understand the leadership role of an administrator at a daycare setting. Furthermore, the interview and formation of interview questions will be based around your state guidelines, regulations, and procedures that are related to early childhood programs.
You will formulate interview questions with the chosen types/models of programs in mind. The interview questions should generate enough information to provide a comparison and contrast of the early childhood centers chosen. Use the following categories to formulate your interview questions:
- Role of administrator
- Qualifications of administrator
- Mission, vision, and philosophy
- Curriculum utilized to meet the needs of the students
- State guidelines, regulations, and procedures
- Best practices/strategies used to integrate concepts of diversity, equity, and inclusion
You will actively select two types/models of centers from the list below:
- Public and private kindergartens, preschools, and child development programs
- Early Head Start
- Head Start
- Private for-profit early childhood centers
- Faith-based early childhood centers
- Laboratory schools
- Corporate-sponsored child-care
- Family child-care
- Programs meeting children’s special needs (i.e., developmental delays, homelessness, at-risk for abuse or neglect)
Length: 10 interview questions
References: Include a minimum of five (5) scholarly references that are seminal references or published within the last five (5) years.
The completed assignment should address all of the assignment requirements, exhibit evidence of concept knowledge, and demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the content presented in the course. The writing should integrate scholarly resources, reflect academic expectations and current APA standards, and adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.