As with your previous assignments, you will complete this assignment with the DAA Template. Links to additional resources are available in the Resources area.
Reminder: The format of this SPSS assignment should be narrative with supporting statistical output (table and graphs) integrated into the text in the appropriate places (not all at the end of the document).
You will analyze the following variables in the grades.sav data set:
Step 1: Write Section 1 of the DAA.
- Provide the context of the grades.sav data set.
- Include a definition of the specified variables (predictor, outcome) and corresponding scales of measurement.
- Specify the sample size of the data set.
Step 2: Write Section 2 of the DAA.
- Analyze the assumptions of the one-way ANOVA.
- Paste the SPSS histogram output for quiz3 and discuss your visual interpretations.
- Paste SPSS descriptives output showing skewness and kurtosis values for quiz3 and interpret them.
- Paste SPSS output for the Shapiro-Wilk test of quiz3 and interpret it.
- Report the results of the Levene test and interpret it.
- Summarize whether or not the assumptions of the one-way ANOVA are met.
Step 3: Write Section 3 of the DAA.
- Specify a research question related to the one-way ANOVA.
- Articulate the null hypothesis and alternative hypothesis.
- Specify the alpha level.
Step 4: Write Section 4 of the DAA.
- Begin by pasting SPSS output of the means plot and providing an interpretation.
- Also report the means and standard deviations of quiz3 for each level of the section variable.
- Next, paste the SPSS ANOVA output and report the results of the F test, including:
- Degrees of freedom.
- F value.
- p value.
- Calculated effect size.
- Interpretation of the effect size.
- Finally, if the omnibus F is significant, provide the SPSS post-hoc (Tukey HSD) output.
- Interpret the post-hoc tests.
Step 5: Write Section 5 of the DAA.
- Discuss the conclusions of the one-way ANOVA as it relates to the research question.
- Conclude with an analysis of the strengths and limitations of one-way ANOVA.
Submit your DAA Template as an attached Word document in the assignment area.
Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information.