A SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats) analysis is a common framework used by organizational and business leaders to strategically evaluate and improve the impact, performance, and success of an organization from both an internal and external perspective. In contrast, a SOAR (Strengths, Opportunities, Aspirations, and Results) analysis engages all components of an organization (including the individual level) to positively enhance and improve internal performance and productivity.
For this assignment, you will do a SOAR analysis to assess and highlight aspects of your individual identity, focusing on your personal diversity values, beliefs, knowledge, and worldviews.
Create a 6- to 8-slide SOAR Personal Diversity Analysis presentation incorporating aspects of your personal diversity values, beliefs, knowledge and worldviews. Use the following prompts to guide your presentation:
- What makes you unique?
- What diverse aspects of your identity do you value?
- How do you view diversity as a strength?
- How do you view inclusion as a strength?
- What are 3 ways in which you can further engage or explore aspects of your personal diversity?
- What are aspects of your family background or heritage that you can learn more about?
- What is a diversity challenge about yourself that you can change into an opportunity?
- Are there aspects of your cultural identity that you would like to improve or expand?
- Are there stereotypes, prejudices, or generalizations that others hold about aspects of your cultural diversity that you wish they better understood?
- Are there individual factors about yourself that could improve as a result of an increased understanding of diversity and inclusion?
- Are there aspects of your workplace environment that can improve as a result of an increased understanding or appreciation for diversity and inclusion?
- What resources are needed to improve any of the above results?
Include pictures and/or graphics to visually enhance your presentation and illustrate the four components of the SOAR Diversity Analysis.
Use the notes section to enhance and explain information included on the slides, as well as provide supplemental and reflective information.