- Visit an agency or government site in your area that offers public assistance.
- Acquire an application for the public assistance program.
- Fill out the application. (Note: Do not submit the application.)
Explain the benefits of the public assistance program for which you acquired an application.
- Explain the qualifications for the benefits.
- Discuss any means testing for this program.
- Reflect on the process of visiting the site, filling out the application, and learning about the overall policy of the program.
- Answer this question: Does this application and the process uphold the self-worth and dignity of the individual? If so, how; or if not, why not?