Today Product Life Cycle Analysis as a Marketing tool is paramount and as marketing
professionals the need to understand how to use and measure this challenge has
become an increasing valuable tool.
• Discuss the advantages of using Product Life Cycles in the sales process.
• After reading Chapter 7, review the Competitive Analysis Worksheet. Please
review and respond to the following:
o Value-added product selling strategies are developed and enhanced when
salespeople analyze product, company and salesperson attributes of the
competition in relation to the benefits they offer. Ultimately, this
information assists the salesperson and differentiates, creates value within
the sales process.
• After viewing the worksheet begin completing the analysis by responding to the
areas in question.
o Begin by developing a company product and compare and contrast with
your competitors, A & B. Upon completion of the analysis you can begin to
develop your SWOT analysis: Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and
Threats. Begin to draw some analysis. Where are your Strengths,
Weaknesses, Opportunities Threats?
o Where are your competitors Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities],
Threats, explain? Are there any similarities, explain?
o Describe some proactive strategies needed to take place.
• Submit a Word document in APA format.
• Maximum one page in length, excluding the Title and Reference pages.
• At least two resources, excluding the textbook.