To begin, select a topic from the following list:
- Body art and ornamentation
- Child rearing practices
- Healthcare practices
- The use of music or dance as a form of political protest, or as a reflection of cultural issues, values, and beliefs
- Educational practices
- Elderly care
- Body language and proxemics
- Rites of passage
- Conflict resolution
- Marriage practices
- Alternative gender roles
- Alternate topics are possible, but these must be approved by your instructor at least one week before the Week Three draft is due.
For your final paper, you will compare one of the topics above across two specific cultures of your own choosing. It may be helpful to brainstorm a list of cultures you are interested in researching. Then, you will need to begin conducting research on those cultures.
You should also begin working on the annotated bibliography, which is a critical summary of each scholarly source you will use in your Final Research Paper. For each source, create a one-paragraph annotation that summarizes the sourceâ€™s major claims and describes how the material will be useful to the Final Research Paper. The annotations should be placed below each corresponding source on your reference page
Once you have read through and annotated the sources you located, you should now be able to write a thesis statement that reflects the requirements of the Final Research Paper.
SO BASICALLY THIS IS A PARTIAL ROUGH DRAFT TO A FINAL PAPER AND IT SHOULD INCLUDE
Your Partial Rough Draft must include:
- An introductory paragraph containing a thesis statement that reflects the requirements of the Final Research Paper.
- A discussion of how two specific and contemporary (currently existing) cultures approach the topic.
- A comparison of your chosen topic across the two cultures you have selected.
- A concluding paragraph that reinforces your thesis and summarizes your main points.
- An annotated bibliography that includes entries for each scholarly source you will use in your Final Research Paper. Each annotation should be one paragraph in length.
The Partial Rough Draft must be three pages in length, including the annotated bibliography but excluding the title page, and formatted according to APA style. You must use at least three scholarly sources from the Ashford University Library to support your claims. Cite your sources within the text of your paper and in your annotated bibliography. For information regarding APA, including samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center, located within the Learning Resources tab on the left navigation toolbar.