If you are using the Blackboard Mobile Learn iOS App, please click “View in Browser”
Click the link above to submit your assignment.
Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Case Study 1: Software Requirement Specification
Due Week 4 and worth 100 points
Read the case study titled â€œA Patient Information System for Mental Health Careâ€, located in Chapter 1 of your textbook.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Create a Software Requirement Specification (SRS) that includes the following:
- A detailed description of both user and system requirements. At least four (4) user requirements and four (4) system requirements should be provided.
- A detailed description of both functional and nonfunctional requirements. At least four (4) functional requirements and four (4) nonfunctional requirements should be provided.
- A detailed requirement specification written in structured natural language.
- Structure and present the requirements in a logical and consistent manner.
- Develop a use case diagram to summarize the functional requirements of the system through the use of Microsoft Visio or its open source alternative, Dia. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- Include charts or diagrams created in Visio or an equivalent such as Dia. The completed diagrams / charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze and describe functional and nonfunctional requirements in software engineering.
- Describe the key components in requirements elicitation and analysis.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in software engineering.
- Write clearly and concisely about software engineering using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.
Click here to view grading rubric.