According to the textbook, the current world economy is increasingly becoming integrated and
interdependent; as a result, the relationship between business and society is becoming more complex.
Use the Internet to research one (1) of the following organizations:
ï‚· De Beers Diamond Company
ï‚· National Football League (NFL)
ï‚· British Petroleum (BP)
ï‚· National Rifle Association (NRA)
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
1. Specify the nature, structure, types of products or service of your chosen organization, and two
(2) key factors in the organizationâ€™s external environment that can affect its success. Provide
explanation to support the rationale.
2. Examine three (3) salient stakeholders of the chosen organization based on their key roles and
relationships with the company.
3. Suggest five (5) ways in which the primary stakeholders can influence the organizationâ€™s financial
performance. Provide support for the response.
4. Specify one (1) controversial corporate social responsibility concern associated with your
5. Assuming you are the leader of the most influential stakeholder group, outline a plan to form a
stakeholder coalition to force the organization to address your chosen controversial issue. The
plan should include the key steps that you would take to identify members for your coalition
group, the major reasons why you believe that the particular target group can help you to
accomplish your goal, and the method you would utilize to foster collaboration among the various
groups you target.
6. Assume the role as the leader of the most influential stakeholder group, and indicate three (3)
potential challenges that you may face in encouraging stakeholders to form a coalition to help you
achieve your goals. Suggest the significant steps that you would take in order to overcome these
challenges that you have identified. Justify the response.
7. Use at least four (4) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
ï‚· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all
sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your
professor for any additional instructions.
ï‚· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s
name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required assignment page length
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
ï‚· Analyze the relationship between business and society, and the ways in which they are part of an
ï‚· Recommend ways stakeholders can influence the destiny of both business and society.
ï‚· Analyze the various primary and secondary stakeholder groups, their roles, and relationships
Analyze the multiple environments of an organization.
ï‚· Compare and contrast the concepts of corporate social responsibility, citizenship, and global
ï‚· Analyze ways ethical challenges affect the multiple functions of business.
ï‚· Use technology and information resources to research issues in business and society.
ï‚· Write clearly and concisely about business and society using proper writing mechanics
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!